An updated calendar that was in the summer newsletter and student handbook is available here.
- Juniors and Seniors if you have a cumulative GPA of 3.6 or above you may apply for admission into the National Honor Society at LakeView. Pleas pick up an application from Mrs. Rudey in Room 120 or from Mr. Uchegbu in Room 118.
• NO students are allowed to leave school grounds for lunch. Lunch Supervisors are watching for students leaving and you will be stopped. No students are to be by any of the vehicles or eating in a vehicle during lunch period. If you need to go to your car please see one of the Lunch Supervisors.
• Student drivers- Pleasant Prairie Parking Enforcement will be checking on student vehicles parked in the student lot and the designated parking spots across the street. The fine for parking on school property without a permit is $20. Please make sure the permit is hanging from the rearview mirror of you vehicle. If you bring a different vehicle, that permit must be in that vehicle and visible while parked on school grounds or across the street in the designated sparking spots. Please go to the office if you need a parking permit.
• Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors we have joined with Christian Life to offer you an ACT Boot Camp. The ACT is the test you take to get into college. Mr. Hittman along with the Principal of Christian Life have agreed to pay a substantial part of the cost of the Boot Camp, thus for only $40 you will receive excellent training on how to take the ACT Test, pace your time, invoke strategies on increasing your score and increasing your chances to scholarships, admittance to first class colleges and universities. For more information please see Mrs. Anderson or Mr. Pellicori. The deadline for registration is Friday, September 26th and the Boot Camp is Tuesday, September 30th. Transportation to and from Christian Life is on your own and your should bring a bag lunch.
• Tomorrow, September 20th, Michael Huff will be working on his Eagle Scout Project at LakeView. He will be renovating and repairing the Sailing Club’s trailers. If you would like to volunteer, please see Michael Huff for more information.
• Josten’s will meet with all Sophomores at 9:15 a.m., Tuesday, September 23, 2014 in the Commons to give a presentation on class rings that are for sale from their company.
• Dodgeball at the Rec Plex and Bowling at Guttormsen’s: these two after school intramural activities will be starting soon. Dodgeball will start on Thursday, October 2nd from 3:00 to 4:00 PM and Bowling will start Tuesday, October 7th from 3:30 to 5:00 PM. More details will be announced soon and the schedule will be posted in the Commons.
• Happy Birthday Mr. Ortiz (Wednesday)
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: LakeView students who attend Harborside: There will be no classes at Harborside Wednesday-Friday, September 17-19, 2014. Harborside students and staff will be away at camp.
An Evening with the Counselor presentation will be held from 7:00-8:00 p.m. on October 2nd in the Commons to discuss Project Lead the Way (PLTW) program options.