An updated calendar that was in the summer newsletter and student handbook is available here.
- All students going to Devil’s Lake with Mr. Overocker and Crew, please check-in with Mr. Overocker during the day today for final instructions!
- Sophomores- class ring orders will be collected by a Josten’s representative tomorrow during lunch periods in the Commons. A $60 deposit is needed to place your order. October 2nd will be the only day that the Class of 2017 hoodies will be handed out FREE for any ring order.
- The Book Club book this month is Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. If you are interested, please see Mrs. Overocker.
- Don’t forget to hand in your National Honor Society application by Friday afternoon (10/3/2014) to Mrs. Rudey!
- Intramural activities: Dodge Ball at the Rec Plex and Bowling at Guttormsen’s. Dodge Ball will start tomorrow from 3:00 to 4:00 PM and Bowling will start Tuesday, October 7th from 3:30 to 5:00 PM. Permission slips are due before you can participate.
- Do you think you would like Rock Climbing? Well LakeView is thinking of forming a Rock Climbing Team to compete locally. If you are interested in learning more about this potential Rock Climbing Team please come to the Guidance Conference Room Friday, October 3rd at 10:15 AM.
- Starting October 6th, LakeView will be hosting a Boardgame Club. We will gather on Mondays in the Commons every week typically from 2:45 to 4:25 p.m. to face off, strategize and argue about who rolled priority. This club will focus on alternative boardgames, so we place an importance on avoiding companies such as Milton Bradley and all collectable card games, such as Magic the Gathering. Our purpose is to expose our members to the plethora of boardgames out there within our reach and our budget. This club will also promote public supply, meaning that students can bring in their own games for others to enjoy. Your teachers will be doing the same. Students will need to arrange for their own transportation in advance, as busing will not be provided. So, grab your D20s, your dice bags, your battle mats and your wits. GAME ON!
- Bradford Boys- are you interested in competing on the Bradford Boys Swim and Dive Team? If yes, please have your parents attend a meeting on Thursday, October 6th at 6:00 PM at Bradford High School. If you have any questions please contact Ms. Sapieka at Bradford High School.
- All Students- Pleasant Prairie Parking Enforcement will be checking for permits on all vehicles that parked in the student lot and the designated spots across the street. The fine for parking on school property without a permit is $20. Please make sure the permit is hanging from the rearview mirror of your vehicle. If you bring a different vehicle to school the permit must be hanging from the rearview mirror.
- Juniors- on October 15th you will be attending the First Annual 2 + 2 College Connection Program at the i-MET at Gateway. This event will run from 9:00 AM to 2:30 PM. You will be bused to the iMET, have a number of presentations from colleges and universities, have lunch, meet students from the colleges and universities, and be bused back to LakeView for dismissal. Juniors and parents/guardians are invited back to the evening program that starts at 6:00 PM. At the evening program, the colleges and universities will present their school and why you may want to attend. The representatives will then be available for you and your family to talk with and check them out. Mrs. Anderson will be bringing permission forms around to the block #1 and #2 classes for you to get signed-up and returned by September 30th.
- Seniors and Juniors- would like to earn volunteer hours toward you graduation requirement or a graduation with distinction on your diploma. If the answer is yes, please see Mr. Hittman about some neat opportunities at Frank Elementary School.
- Happy Birthday Mr. Kielar, Michael Grimley and Dante Castelli
- These are your daily announcements, have a nice day!
An Evening with the Counselor presentation will be held from 7:00-8:00 p.m. on October 2nd in the Commons to discuss Project Lead the Way (PLTW) program options.