SEMESTER FINALS - TEST SCHEDULE
Thursday, January 22nd
7:25 AM to 8:50 AM- Block #7
8:55 AM to 10:20 AM- Block #8
10:20 AM release
Friday, January 23rd
Teacher Work Day - No School
- Tutor timesheets are due today.
- Sophomores and Juniors- tonight is Evening with a Counselor at 7:00 PM in the Commons. Mrs. Anderson and other teachers will be presenting information on Advanced Placement Courses, the Youth Options Program, and the new Course Options Program. Please come with your parents. You could learn how to save you and your parents tens of thousands of dollars on your college education.
- St. Joe’s is having a Chess Tournament this Saturday from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM. The cost is $10 in advance or $15 at the event. Please check in the office for an information sheet with all the details and to enroll in advance.
- The Friday January 23rd the LakeView Snow Sports Club outing will have two meeting times since there is no school that day. You may meet at Alpine Valley at noon or at the regular outing time of 5:30pm. Coordinators will be available at BOTH times to process lift tickets and rental forms so take your pick for an afternoon AND/OR evening of fun on the slopes. Plan to be off the slopes by 9pm. Hope to see y'all Friday!
- Tomorrow night is the Talent Show which has 11 acts and should last about two hours including a 15 minute intermission and the awarding of prizes. The Board of Directors will have pizza, soda, popcorn, and candy for sale at special low prices.
- if you are a Pleasant Prairie resident please see Mrs. Anderson regarding the Pearl Ruffolo scholarship.
- are you looking for Community Service hours? The Kenosha Homeless Outreach is collecting hats, socks, gloves, scarves, and blankets. If you are interested in donating any of these items please see Mrs. Anderson. This opportunity will end Wednesday, January 22nd.
- if your grade point is 3.2 or less, you are eligible for a $3500 scholarship, Please see Mrs. Anderson for details.
- the Kenosha Chamber of Commerce Foundation has begun accepting 2015 College Scholarship Applications. Please see the Scholarship Wall or the LakeView WEB site for more information.
- Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors- LakeView along with the other area high schools would like to announce an excellent program to prepare you for the ACT. This is an ACT Test Preparation Program. It is sponsored by Sylvan College Prep. The cost of the 20 week program and yearlong access is $225. This is an excellent program preparing you to take the ACT. Please stop in the office and pick-up an information sheet to get signed-up.
- The Talent Show sponsored by the Board of Directors is this Friday, January 23rd at 7:00 PM in the Commons. The Board of Directors will be awarding prizes to the winners. The cost to attend is $1.00 or two nonperishable food items. The food items will be donated to the Shalom Center. Please stop in the office and pick up an application and return it to the office by no later than Wednesday, January 21st. As a special offer, Mr. Hittman is offering $5.00 to each person attending who can match the five winner’s places 1 through 5 with the same acts as the judges. Each person entering the Commons will be given a ballot with a place for her/his name and the acts with each being numbered. All you have to do is put the number of the act you believe should be 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th and you will receive $5.00 if you match the judges.
- There will be no Dodge Ball this week because of Finals.
- Happy Birthday Daniel Gurgol, Gabe Cundari, and Thomas Cargille